Use in blogs ( >10,100 radiology cases and >5000 links to educational resources, with >675,000 page views, as of 10 November 2017; and with ＞6,000,000 online views of all posts, individual photos and illustrations, since Oct 2011). More information on medical education activities and publications is outlined in ePortfolio (link here).
Learning neuroradiology blog (over 5480 cases and over 179,000 page views)
Learning head and neck radiology blog (over 1110 cases and over 42,000 page views)
Learning orbit radiology blog (over 25 cases public blog, with over 2,000 page views; and over 500 cases on internal hyperlinked indexed teaching file)
Learning chest radiology blog (over 1750 cases and over 66,000 page views)
Learning abdominal radiology blog (over 515 cases and over 18,000 page views)
Learning bone radiology blog (over 720 cases and over 11,000 page views)
Online neuroradiology textbook (over 2,750 page views)
FRCR Preparation Course 2014 (over 280 page views)
Invited teaching faculty for NUHS NCIS organised Radiation oncology target delineation workshop - 10 August 2017
Invited presentation for Medicine Review Course, July 8th, 2017 @ Academia, SGH
"iMap" - a roadmap for orbital imaging (presented at the 14th Advanced Neuroradiology Course, NNI, TTSH, Singapore, October, 2014
Overview of CT scans, MRI, PET CT/MRI in orbital imaging, Presentation at NUH Opthalmic Oncology Symposium, 2pm to 430pm on Friday, March 21st, 2015; Tower Block, NUHS, T07-03/04
Imaging of Respiratory Disorders: M2 Pathology correlated with Radiology - presented on December 1st, 2015 at 11am.
Chest: Radiology Anatomy Correlation Lecture on October 19th, 2015 at 11am, for year 1 undergraduate MBBS, YLL SOM, NUS (first presented current format on Oct 23, 2013; revised presentation on Oct 9, 2014; and October 12, 2015)
above pie chart evolution (July 2017) from below (Jan 2013)
Medical education and eLearning portfolio (over 97,000 page views)
SlideShare presentations (over 109,155 page views)
SlideShare documents (over 61,149 page views)
CaseBasedLearning@NUHS (over 4,487 page views)
Learning@NUHS (over 7,956 page views)
TeL Roundtable @ 11th APMEC (over 3,061 page views)
TeL Symposium @ AMEE 2014 (over 2,489 page views)
TLHE 2014 paper presentation website (over 1,627 page views)
(Personalised Learning using a Digital Knowledge Repository in Medical Education)
Early Investigators Symposium @ 12th APMEC 2015 (over 2,675 page views)
Round up panel discussion and symposium, end of day 1, elearning symposium, AMEE 2015 Glasgow (over 410 page views)
Medical Education Conference: Creative teaching and learning with new technology in new era (Kaohsiung, November 2015) (over 2,001 page views)
Medical Education Scholarship and Research (Resource site) (over 508 page views)
TeL Workshop and Symposium @ 13th APMEC 2016 (over 2,535 page views)
Easy to implement technology enhanced learning combining digital repositories with blogs (for Ottawa 2016, March 2016) (over 626 page views)
Creating blended learning approaches: An exploration of educational thinking and theory (for AMEE 2016 pre-conference workshop) (over 821 page views)
Big Learning from Small Screens: Using Mobile Technology in Medical Education (for AMEE 2016 conference eLearning symposium) (over 2,225 page views)
Technology enhanced learning in Medical Education: What’s new, what’s useful, & some important considerations (for AMEE 2016, session 11, PechaKucha 20 x 20 presentation, Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 at 1130am) (over 1,107 page views)
TeL @ 9th Jakarta Meeting on Medical Education 2016 (over 1,414 page views)
TeL (Technology enhanced learning) Workshop and Symposium @ 14th APMEC 2017 (over 3,173 page views)
https://modblendedefacdev.blogspot.sg/ (over 1,064 page views)
for 4th Faculty Development Conference/AMEE 2017, Helsinki
Personal Mobile Learning (over 967 page views)
Blended learning with face to face interactive active learning supported by online resources (over 493 page views)
Technology enhanced learning seminar and mini workshop @ NYP (over 1,472 page views)
Tips for Applying the Flipped Classroom Model in Medical Education (over 2.990 page views)
12 tips for using videos in medical education (over 3,244 page views)
Qualitative research methods in medical education (over 2,217 page views)
Curriculum Mapping @ NUHS (over 434 page views)
Hybrid model for training physical examination and procedural skills (over 1,330 page views)
eLearning and eRepositories (SIF program Colombo 2014) (over 448 page views)
Technology enhanced learning @ KazNMU (7 day program) (over 3,059 page views)
eLearning workshop @ CenMED, NUS (over 3,789 page views)
Using Blogs for Templated Teaching (over 88 page views)
NUS-Prime: Technology Enhanced Learning - Three Case Studies, Monday, 5 May, 2014
Use in instructional videos
Neuroradiology cases (over 2,500 page views)
Some important characteristics of an online case repository
content - quality, breadth, depth, usefulness
ease of contribution
ease of editing
dashboard, categorising, organising, search, indexing
facilitates and promotes "active and collaborative learning"
facilitates and promotes digital scholarship
(as of 18 October 2017 @ 1019am)
above from Google Scholar accessed on 15 November 2017 @ 0527am, Singapore time
above from Google Scholar accessed on 30 September 2017 @ 0530am, Singapore time
Medical Education Peer Reviewed Publications (selected)
The intention of writing a recent series of reflection pieces (article 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11), as well the other articles below, was to set down in print as many of the useful ideas / and pointers I could think of, and which I have found useful and currently use, on the subject of TeL and implementing this, distilled from my reading, practice, and scholarly inquiry since 2002, as well as from the last 6 years of faculty development presentations, symposia and workshops I have been involved in designing and have participated in at NUS, at APMEC and AMEE; and have presented as invited speaker to conferences in Colombo, Sri Lanka; Kaohsiung, Taiwan; Jakarta, Indonesia; and as visiting professor in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
(articles in Medical Teacher and MedEdPublish have been viewed over 10,500 times in 2015, 2016 and 2017, as of 12 September 2017, and papers 2, 4, 5 and 6 are amongst the top rated papers in Oct, Nov, Dec 2016, Jan 2017 and July 2017 - see below)
1. Goh, P.S. Learning Analytics in Medical Education. MedEdPublish. 2017 Apr; 6(2), Paper No:5. Epub 2017 Apr 4. https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2017.000067
2. Goh, P.S., Sandars, J. Insights from the culinary arts for medical educators. MedEdPublish. 2017 Jan; 6(1), Paper No:10. Epub 2017 Jan 18.
3. Goh, P.S. A proposal for a grading and ranking method as the first step toward developing a scoring system to measure the value and impact of viewership of online material in medical education - going beyond “clicks” and views toward learning. MedEdPublish. 2016 Oct; 5(3), Paper No:62. Epub 2016 Dec 9.
4. Goh, P.S. Presenting the outline of a proposal for a 5 part program of medical education research using eLearning or Technology enhanced learning to support Learning through the continuum of Undergraduate, through Postgraduate to Lifelong learning settings. MedEdPublish. 2016 Oct; 5(3), Paper No:55. Epub 2016 Dec 7.
5. Goh, P.S. The value and impact of eLearning or Technology enhanced learning from one perspective of a Digital Scholar. MedEdPublish. 2016 Oct; 5(3), Paper No:31. Epub 2016 Oct 18.
6. Goh, P.S. A series of reflections on eLearning, traditional and blended learning. MedEdPublish. 2016 Oct; 5(3), Paper No:19. Epub 2016 Oct 14.
7. Goh, P.S. Technology enhanced learning in Medical Education: What’s new, what’s useful, and some important considerations. MedEdPublish. 2016 Oct; 5(3), Paper No:16. Epub 2016 Oct 12.
above 7 articles in MedEdPublish
next 6 articles in Medical Teacher
8. Sandars, J., Goh, P.S. Is there a need for a specific educational scholarship for using e-learning in medical education? Med Teach. 2016 Oct;38(10):1070-1071. Epub 2016 April 19.
9. Goh, P.S. eLearning or Technology enhanced learning in medical education - Hope, not Hype. Med Teach. 2016 Sep; 38(9): 957-958, Epub 2016 Mar 16
10. Goh, P.S., Sandars, J. An innovative approach to digitally flip the classroom by using an online "graffiti wall" with a blog. Med Teach. 2016 Aug;38(8):858. Epub 2016 Jul 14.
11. Goh, P.S. Using a blog as an integrated eLearning tool and platform. Med Teach. 2016 Jun;38(6):628-9. Epub 2015 Nov 11.
12. Sandars J, Patel RS, Goh PS, Kokatailo PK, Lafferty N. The importance of educational theories for facilitating learning when using technology in medical education. Med Teach. 2015 Mar 17:1-4.
13. Dong C, Goh PS. Twelve tips for the effective use of videos in medical education. Med Teach. 2015 Feb; 37(2):140-5.
14. Liaw SY, Wong LF, Chan SW, Ho JT, Mordiffi SZ, Ang SB, Goh PS, Ang EN. Designing and evaluating an interactive multimedia Web-based simulation for developing nurses' competencies in acute nursing care: randomized controlled trial. J Med Internet Res. 2015 Jan 12;17(1):e5.
above screenshot from post below (following url link)